Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Leonard Peltier welcomes new attorney

4/3/2011

Dear Friends:

Robert R. Bryan of San Francisco has agreed to serve as my lead
attorney. I am honored that he has accepted my invitation. I ask
all my supporters and friends to work with him in the struggle for my
freedom and Native American Rights.

For decades Robert has specialized in human rights litigation and has
successfully defended many peop0le in murder cases involving the
death penalty. He also has a history of defending members of the
American Indian Movement. Robert represented Jimmy Eagle who was
cleared of murder charges in the case in which I was later wrongfully
convicted. He also was the attorney for Gladys Bissonette, an Oglala
Lakota/Sioux tribal elder who was a major force during the 1973
Wounded Knee occupation, etc. Gladys was the mother of Pedro
Bissonette, an AIM leader who was murdered by the BIA police shortly
after the occupation.

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse.

Doksha,

Leonard Peltier
USP Lewisburg
PO Box 1000
Lewisburg, PA 17837


Launched into cyberspace by the
Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee
PO Box 7488
Fargo, ND 58106
http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info
contact@whoisleonardpeltier.info

No comments: