Sunday, April 11, 2010

Clarification and correction from Lynne Stewart


FROM – LYNNE STEWART & LYNNE STEWART ORGANIZATION

An email communication entitled “FREE LYNNE
STEWART RESIST THE DESTRUCTION OF DEMOCRATIC
RIGHTS IN AMERICA” previously sent to you, was
authored by Ralph Schoenman of Taking Aim (a
Pacifica WBAI radio program). Ralph has been a
strong and impassioned supporter of my right to
represent clients in my usual zealous manner. He
is highly critical of the government.

Having said that, this particular flyer somehow
reached people before it was fully edited (there
are factual inaccuracies) and without an
indication that these are not, in whole, the view
of the Lynne Stewart Organization. Please read with that in mind.

In the tradition of allowing a “thousand flowers
to bloom” I will not presume to edit except for
the request to send original letters to the Judge
DIRECTLY. Judge Koeltl in our conference of
December 4, 2009 asked that all correspondence go
directly to the lawyers and NOT to him. The
lawyers working with me and the defense
organization will submit them at a time closer to
re-sentencing (July 15, 2010) for maximum
effectiveness. This is how we handled the matter
in the original sentencing of October
2006. Copies of the letters may be sent to me in
jail, or to Ralph at a new address for the Lynne
Stewart Organization (all addresses below).

I sincerely hope that this communication only
clarifies and does not result in dispute.

I do not want to spend the rest of my life in
jail. I need everyone’s help but any position
that is ascribed to me or the defense
organization must receive my approval in advance. These are desperate times.

Original letters to Judge Koeltl should be
ADDRESSED to:

Hon. John G. Koeltl
US District Judge
Southern District
Federal Courthouse
500 Pearl Street
New York, NY 10007

And SENT to:

Jill Shellow Esq
111 Broadway, Suite 1305
New York, NY 10006

Courtesy copies can be sent to:

Ralph Poynter
Lynne Stewart
Organization

1070 Dean Street, 1st Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11216

More at http://www.lynnestewart.org/www.lynnestewart.org.

Thanks,

Love-Struggle
Lynne

No comments: