Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Leonard Peltier 'Take your place in the struggle'


Today: Oglala Commemoration, Pine Ridge, South Dakota

June 26, 2011 Censored News

By Leonard Peltier

Hello my friends and relations,

I always try to come to you full of good spirit and vigor. But I cannot
lie. There are days when the ugliness of my situation weighs me down. I
swear I never thought this could happen. I never believed law enforcement
and the government of this country would go so far for so long to keep
their dirty laundry hidden away

Over the years, you my dedicated friends and believers have kept a vision
of justice alive. That really is something special. Because of you, we
have learned of hidden evidence, coerced testimony, and outright lies by
the FBI and prosecutors. Because of you we have been able to uncover
thousands of documents the government wanted to stay secret. And yet they
have been able to squirrel away thousands more pages of their biggest
secrets about me, about the theft of Indian land, their motives behind
murder, and their operations to silence people like me. I am living proof
that my case is about squashing Indian rights and Indian sovereignty,
otherwise why would I be serving a sentence so much longer than what is
normal for my so-called conviction?

Those that believe in law and order should be the loudest voices calling
for my release! The fact is the day I walk free is the day they are forced
to deal with my innocence, and they are so very afraid of doing just that!
No matter what they say, the dirty little secret underneath all of this is
America’s fear and loathing of Indian people. In over five hundred years,
they have not yet learned how to deal honorably with us.

The burden is great sometimes, but the encouragement I get from you helps
me to keep my faith that freedom will one day come my way. No matter what
happens, on the day I draw my last breath I will be proud to have taken my
place alongside my ancestors, knowing I did all I could do, and gave all I
could for my people. For those FBI agents and prosecutors in my case,
their last moments will include shame.

So remember all of you my friends and relations, this case is about much
more than me. If you believe in truth, justice, honor, freedom, all of
what is supposed to make America great, then help me open the door to my
release. If you believe in Indian sovereignty, join my cause and in doing
so help yourself. Take your place in the struggle and do all you can to
eradicate injustice.

Thank you for your time. Thank you for your consideration. Thank you for
your work. Thank you for your love.

Aho! Mitakuye Oyasin!
Doksha,
Leonard Peltier

No comments: