Monday, August 06, 2012

A Letter Campaign On Behalf Of Jerome White-Bey - Occupy The Prison Mail Room

This is a call out for a new letter writing campaign to protest the
treatment of Jerome White-Bey, who yet again is being held in
isolation on the punishment blocks under a false investigation. His
situation in his own words:

I would like to bring your attention to the abuse, harassment, and
unjust treatment I have been receiving at the hands of prison
officials over the last ten years or more here in the Missouri prison
system. Beginning from the Director George A. Lombardi and Dave
Dormire, Director, Division of Adult Institutions, and each warden at
every prison I am sent to are all involved in a plot to harass,
punish, and even maybe murder me, all because of my founding the
Missouri Prisoner's Labor Union here in the Missouri prison system.
The abuses, the lies, the frame-ups, are well documented, yet nothing
seems to stop the prison officials from harassing and abusing me.

It seems that the closer I get to release from prison the more
aggressive they have become in their unjust treatment of me; here
lies their two most painful and recent attacks. In 2011, my Custody
Level was dropped from a Custody Level of C-5 to C-3 based upon good
behaviour, so I was transferred to WMCC which is a Custody Level-3
Prison. While I was at WMCC, prison officials claim to have received
a letter threatening the staff there by me, I was put in the 'hole'
under an investigation, it was later proven that I did not write the
letter, I received no conduct violation; but I was still
punished for it because my Custody Level was raised from a Custody
Level-3 back to a Custody Level-5 which places me into a maximum
security prison that has extremely violent inmates, and orders were
issued from the Director to the Classification staff, that my Custody
Level is not to be dropped again; and I am to remain at Charleston
prison until I am released from prison on December 25, 2015.

Now, while in Charleston, since 4/6/2012, I am in Ad Seg, under a false
investigation claim. This time it revolves around prison officials
who have claimed they received information my name was on some kind
of 'hit list', so the claim now is I am in the 'hole' under an
investigation for my protection, yet their records will show I
have no enemies at S.E.C.C., but here I am in the 'hole' again
unjustly. It means nothing to prison officials that I have not had
any problem with anybody since I've been at Charleston; the
investigation is nothing but a sham to harass and punish me. I have
not made a request for protection, nor do I need it, so why am I in
the 'hole'? The Missouri Department of Corrections has a system in
place to where they reward informants by placing money on their
accounts for information received regardless of whether it's true or
not, and if it is on someone who is targeted, the more money the
informant gets. Since my name is well known I am an east target for
these people, giving the information to prison staff that they want
to hear.

I am calling upon you to help me by writing to the following state
officials demanding my release from Ad Seg., and a transfer back to a
lower Custody Level. The Director George A. Lombardi and Dave Dormire
should be fired, and the MDOC should be investigated for 'hate
crimes'. Please send letters of concern about my unjust treatment to
the U.S. Department of Justice, and if you do, please mention and
'CC' the Missouri State & U.S. Senators/Representatives herein
listed, and feel free to write to me here as well.

So please lets flood the mail rooms with letters of support for Jerome
White-Bey. Write letters to:

Governor
Jeremiah X Nixon
State
Capitol
P.O.
Box 720
Jefferson
City
MO.
65102, USA

George
A. Lombardi, Director
Missouri
Department of Corrections
P.O.
Box 236
Jefferson
City
MO.
65102, USA
Tel:
(573)751-2399
Fax:
(573) 751-4099

U.S.
Senate:

U.S.
Senator Roy Blunt
260
Russell Senate Office Bldg.
Washington
D.C.
20510, USA

U.S.
Senator Claire McCaskill
506
Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington
D.C.
20510, USA

Missouri
Senate:

Sen.
Joseph Keaveny
Sen.
Robin Wright-Jones
Sen.
S. Kiki Curls
Sen.
Victor Callahan
Sen.
Scott T. Rupp

Address:
State
Capitol
201
W. Capitol Avenue
Jefferson
City
MO.
65101, USA

Missouri
State Representatives:

Rep.
Linda Black
Rep.
Ron Casey
Rep.
Pat Conway
Rep.
Anne Zerr
Rep.
Jamilah Nasheed
Rep.
Sharon L.Pace

Address:
State
Capitol
201
W. Capitol Avenue
Jefferson
City
MO.
65101, USA

Please
write letters of support to:

Jerome
White-Bey
#37479,
S.E.C.C.
300
East Pedro Simmons Drive
Charleston
MO.
63834, USA

No comments: