Sunday, May 02, 2010

An interview of Jyri Jaakkola 1st of February, with subtitles in English



An interview of Jyri Jaakkola 1st of February

An interview of Jyri Jaakkola (Finnish anti-authoritarian activist, murdered
by paramilitaries in Oaxaca 27th f April) he gave 1st of February in
Finland, before leaving for Oaxaca, with subtitles in English

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMy7yTvFiNU

An extract:

"If by my own precense have a change to prevent violent moderation, that
would be a thing to do. something like Paolo Freire said:

'the real solidarity is, that you put yourself in to the same position with
the one's that you are solidar with'

Which means for me, that somehow I got to put myself to the game.

Eventhough I will never end up to the same position as locals.
I will have plane ticket back to Finland, also this blond skin color which
will work as some kind of protective coloring etc.

Just to be there with local people, if it helps them. And to try to spread
information about their struggle and their goals. I think that is the main
reason why I am leaving there."

Another speech Jyri he gave less than a week before his death on climate
issues. Hyökyaalto is a Finnish grassroots network inspired by Rising
Tide-network. Jyri is last speaker,
he starts at 20:40. Clip is in Spanish, no subtitles:

Dialogo Climático de los Pueblos

Dialogo Climático de los Pueblos
http://www.vimeo.com/11125300

No comments: