Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Two lots of British Aniaml Rights news

ELP Information Bulletin (23rd April 2008)

Dear friends

ELP has two lots of British animal rights prisoner news for you.

1) Website set up for Mel Broughton
2) John Smith has asked to be removed from the prisoner lists

1) A website has been set up to support British Animal Rights prisoner, Mel Broughton, who is held on remand accused of anti-vivisection activity. It is widely believed that Mel was specifically targetted by the police due to his prominant role in the anti-vivisection campaign SPEAK. For more info on Mel's new support website check out http://www.myspace.com/supportmel

2) British Animal Rights prisoner, John Smith, has requested that his name be removed from the prisoner support lists. AsELP supporters will be aware, John is serving 12 years for "blackmail" following a highly sucessful campaign against a guinea pig farm, which provided guinea pigs to the vivisection industry for torture and death at the hands of vivisectors. Below is a message from John explaining his reasons:

http://vpsg.org/

Dear All

Firstly, thank you for all of your support in the form of letters,
cards, money and most importantly, good wishes.

Secondly, anyone that doesn't know me will not yet understand how
appalling I am at corresponding. I do put pen to paper when my box of
"letters to reply to" begins to spill over. However, more often than not
I tend to neglect those whose letters fill my box.

Thirdly, I am continuing to correspond with those I have started with
and must add I shall continue to "trouble" the VPSG with endless chores
- they have assisted in so many ways over the past 2 1/2 years.

However, I shall be coming off the lengthy prisoner list, partly to
allow others to receive more support and partly to ease my overflowing
box situation. Once again thank you all very much.

John Smith


++++++++++++++++++

Earth Liberation Prisoners Support Network
BM Box 2407
London
WC1N 3XX
England
www.spiritoffreedom.org.uk

No comments: