Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tre Arrow update

ELP Information Bulletin (25th of May 2008)

Dear friends

ELP has just learnt that American eco-activist, Tre Arrow, has reached a non-cooperation plea agreement with the authorities concerning the ELF charges against him. Below is a statement which his support campaign has circulated.

At this momenet, no further details are held by ELP about this plea agreement. As everyone knows Tre is a raw energy vegan who asks that letters of support are sent on either the re-used scrap paper or on tree-free paper.

Once ELP has more news we will circulate it.



Forwarded message from tre@riseup.net

apologies, if you are on more than one list, you will get this more than
once...

From Tre Arrow:

Blessings to all of you.

Perhaps you've heard that I'm set to take a plea bargain on June 3rd. In
the aftermath of Briana Waters' and Eric McDavid's trials, I have
weighed the options and decided that i don't want to take the risk of
potentially being convicted and spending the rest of my life in prison.

I want you all to know that this is a non cooperation plea agreement: I
am in no way selling my soul just to receive a sweet deal from the
prosecution. By this I mean I am not giving them any information about
anyone or any thing which could lead to others being prosecuted. They
offered me a deal I couldn't refuse, which takes into account the time I
served in Canada. For those who supported me through all of this, I
thank you deeply.

I continue to stand firm in my commitment to being a voice for the
Earth. I speak for the trees, for our fellow co inhabitants, and for the
voices commonly ignored. This is our home, our one and only Earth
Mother. Just as I will protect my birth mother from violation and harm,
I am dedicated to being a force to stop the unnecessary and egregious
assault on this precious planet. To this end I devote my music, my
passion, my life. I look forward to seeing everyone on June 3rd.

Namaste,

Tre
Tre Arrow Defense Committee



Environmentalist and refugee hopeful, Tre Arrow has been incarcerated in Canada since March 2004.
"I am innocent of the charges the U.S. government is trying to pin on me. Just As many activists have experienced, I am being targeted by the U.S. government and the FBI, not because I am guilty, but because I have chosen to challenge the status quo."
-Political Prisoner Tre Arrow-

+++++++++

Earth Liberation Prisoners Support Network
BM Box 2407
London
WC1N 3XX
England
www.spiritoffreedom.org.uk

No comments: