Saturday, November 25, 2006

November 12, 2006 Prison Dispatch by Jeff “Free” Luers


I learned the fate of my friends and allies during a visit a few hours after the pleas were entered. Then last night a guard came by with a newspaper article. He wanted to know how I felt about it.

It breaks my heart when I think about how this all could have been avoided. I’m outraged and saddened that there are so many traitors and cowards amongst us.
The four people who pled guilty November 9, 2006: Jonathan Paul, Nathan Block, Joyanna Zacher, and Daniel McGowan, are victims of these traitors. Yet, despite the betrayal of their comrades, they have continued to act with honor and dignity.
For those of us who have chosen the path of resistance, there is no greater test of character than standing in the courtroom. There is no greater test of honor and integrity than facing the consequences of that resistance.
I have had the honor and privilege of briefly knowing Nathan. I smile knowing that I once shook this man’s hand. I wish I could give him a strong embrace now.
Daniel is one of my closest friends. Since his arrest I have been unable to communicate with him. I have not had the chance to tell him how much I love him and how proud I am of him.
I have not yet had the honor of meeting Joyanna or Jonathan. And I look forward to the day when I can look them in the eye and express my heart felt gratitude for all they have done.
Daniel, Nathan, Joyanna, and Jonathan: carry yourselves proudly. Your bravery will never be forgotten. You are all heroes. I salute you.
With my deepest respect and admiration,
Jeff “Free” Luers
Write to:

Jeff Luers #13797671
Oregon State Prison
2605 State Street
Salem, Oregon 97310
For more information:

No comments: