Monday, January 05, 2009

Rod Coronado Has Been Released!

 From his partner:

Really, Really! It is true, Rod has already been released and just
called me from a gas station in El Reno! He is on his way to us, and
then will serve the last 3 months in a half-way house! There he can
make his own food, visit us when he has visitation passes, work, and
escape the sadness and violence within prison.
Rod called me on December 25th, and I asked him if Santa came? He
said "yes", and asked to speak with Maya. I thought he didn't hear
me, so I asked again. He again asked to talk to Maya. After she
spoke to him for a few seconds, she screamed to me: "Daddy is getting
out! Santa let daddy get out!"
We both started crying, it seems so surreal and I didn't want to
believe in anything until I actually knew he was well out of the
walls of El Reno FCI.
And now he is, he is coming home to us, and we are thrilled! Our
deepest thanks and love to all who have been with us through this
difficult time. It is close to our turn to give back. We intend to
do so for all those who need us.
We continue to send our love and prayers to those still imprisoned
unjustly. We hold onto the hope that not long from now those kept
from their families and communities will be returned, and until then,
we won't forget them.
I can't believe it! Still...... there are not words to say what is in
my heart; for my family, for those who cannot feel this joy for
theirs are still locked away, and for those who hope and work for a
better way with each step. Thank you, and we love you.
Chrysta
*This is just a little footnote: When I went to sleep on the 24th,
Christmas Eve, I asked Santa for my husband back.... just in case he
could deliver! HA!

1 comment:

Steve Tyler said...

Do you know Rod's mailing address. I just read Operation Bite Back and would like to send him a bit of money.

Steve Tyler
abc3dtd@gmail.com